Always Mindful of our Mission
The Homeowners Association industry has mostly been reduced to the idea of working checklists and producing reports. Many management companies are about just pushing paper and answering phones. The problem with this is that the ultimate goal is lost when the focus is on paper and phones.
At Action Property Management, we are always mindful of our mission: To Improve the Quality of Peoples’ lives. If we do our jobs well, we will have a positive impact on the lives of people who live in our communities. Everything we do is geared first toward the question: How does this impact the quality of life in the communities that we manage? Our systems and processes are all designed with that goal in mind. Our technology is structured – not to be an end in itself – but as a means to deliver a higher quality of life to the residents of our communities.
Ethics, Organization, Leadership and Commitment
With this ultimate goal in mind, our managers display the highest levels of ethics, organization, leadership and commitment. They are supported by exceptional assistants and clerical staff. In addition, Action’s unique Community Care department resolves 70% of all homeowner questions and concerns without the homeowner ever being transferred to another department. This support allows homeowner needs to be met quickly and effectively while freeing the managers to do what they do best – improve the quality of life in the communities they manage.
Action Property Management provides the most capable and qualified community managers in the industry. We recruit from all over the United States, flying candidates in for interviews from wherever we find the best people. Our candidates are then screened by background checks, drug tests, personality profiles, and multiple interviews and tests.
The fact that Action pays managers at the top end in the industry allows the company to recruit and retain the best talent in the industry.
Once hired, Action Managers are required to maintain certifications with the California Association of Community Managers. In addition, managers attend a minimum of 2 hours of continuing education each month. This training, along with the deepest and most sophisticated support resources in the industry, allows Action managers to perform at the very highest levels.
Action Property Management’s accounting services provide reliable, accurate, and flexible financial reporting for our clients. Our highly customized accounting software allows us to specifically target each association’s exact financial reporting needs and desires. Such customized reporting assists Boards in more effectively managing each community’s financial resources.
In addition, Action is especially mindful of the importance of effectively managing an Association’s cash flow. To this end, the following have been implemented in order to enable Action to facilitate cash flow with the most effective systems and personnel:
- Weekly payments in Accounts Payable
- Lock Box Services with daily bank downloads for Accounts Receivable
- Assessment payment options for homeowners – including ACH, online credit card payments, on-line check payments, coupon books and monthly billing statements.
- A dedicated assessment collection staff that implements and exactly follows each HOA’s specific collection policy
At Action Property Management, Accounting services are not just a necessary component of HOA management – but such services are a valuable tool to more effectively marshal the resources in each community. To this end, Action provides regular Board member training to assist each member in using Action’s financial services and reporting. It is our goal to provide financial management services that help you succeed.
The support for community managers provided by Action Property Management is the deepest in the industry. A sampling of some of the support to Action managers is as follows:
- Qualified Manager Assistants: Community Managers receive exceptional administrative support from their manager assistants. These assistants provide backing in areas like correspondence, phone calls, scheduling, non-compliance enforcement, and architectural tracking. Such assistance allows the managers to provide larger proportions of their time to focusing on the bigger, more pressing needs in the community.
- Efficient Production Support: Dedicated staff in Action’s Production Support team facilitate the large administrative projects that are essential to communication in community associations. Large copy projects, incoming and outgoing mail, binding of reports, and mass mailers are all managed and produced by Action’s Production Support team. These important team ensure high levels of quality control while again allowing the manager freedom to focus on bigger picture tasks.
- Office Services: The key to successful management is the maximization of the time of the community manager. Action Office Services teams help make this happen by taking responsibility for all of the filing on behalf of the managers. By keeping accurate, efficient files on behalf of the manager, time is freed for managers to be as productive as possible.
- Community Care: One of the unique aspects of managerial support – and homeowners service – at Action is Community Care:
Responsive, expedient resolution to problems – that’s what homeowners want more than anything. And that’s what Action’s unique Community Care Service provides. With emergency service available 24 hours per day/seven days per week, Action is prepared to assist in the most severe of emergencies – no matter when they happen. In addition, Action’s Community Care Department is staffed for regular maintenance calls from 7 AM to 7 PM, Monday through Friday. These extended hours allow for homeowners to be able to make needed calls before or after work.
The value of this service for homeowners is the reality that 70% of all phone calls are addressed and resolved by the person who answers the phone when the homeowner calls. This means the issues relating to maintenance requests, non-compliance, billing questions, meeting schedules, etc. are all addressed by the person who answers the phone when you call. You won’t get transferred to multiple departments for different questions. Just fast, reliable and effective service supported by state-of-the-art software and highly trained Community Care Representatives.
No one else in the industry provides such a comprehensive homeowner support service that is tailored for the unique needs and expectations of homeowners associations.